BREAK-UP AND DIVORCE RECOVERY COUNSELING SERVICES
Providing Assistance to Divorcing Clients since 2005
“THE SAN DIEGO DIVORCE COUNSELING CENTER SPECIALIZES IN BREAK-UP AND DIVORCE RECOVERY COUNSELING FOR CLIENTS IN UNHAPPY MARRIAGES AND THROUGHOUT THE DIVORCE PROCESS.”
ARE YOU WRESTLING WITH ANY OF THE SCENARIOS BELOW?
- You’re ambivalent, stuck in an unhappy marriage: not sure if you should try and work it out or end things. You don’t know how things have gone so wrong, but you know something must change.
- Separation seems likely but you don’t know how to say this to your spouse: the environment in your home is becoming intolerable, or you’re emotionally disconnected, and you want out.
- Your spouse has told you the marriage is over: your spouse said they are no longer in love with you, and now you’re alone. All you feel is numb alongside an empty, regretful void.
- Betrayal: You’ve betrayed your vows and have an overwhelming sense of guilt, or you’ve been betrayed by your spouse and are so angry.
- Married for more than 30 years and now you’re considering, “The Gray Divorce”: this is not how you imagined your retirement years and dreams and all hope feels lost.
- Fear about what a divorce may do to your children: you wonder if your children will be damaged by a divorce and how you would share them with your co-parent.
- Extreme worry or catastrophizing thoughts: you can’t seem to slow down your thoughts, your mind is ruminating, you’re either obsessing about what has happened or what may happen.
- Symptoms of panic: your worry causes you to have difficulty breathing, heart palpitations, or you break out in nervous sweats.
- Self-doubt: you doubt yourself, what you thought you knew, and your judgment. You’re confused, feel like you’re in the ‘fog of divorce’ and cannot see a way forward.
- The sense of loss, grief, and disappointment is overwhelming: you wonder if you will ever feel whole again.
- You worry about your future, how you will support yourself and how you’ll maintain your lifestyle: you may have been a stay-at-home mom or had the benefit of two incomes, and you only experience fear and dread when you think about tomorrow.
The therapists at the San Diego Divorce Counseling Center have experience supporting clients through the break-up, divorce and recovery process. We will help you find the ground beneath your feet and hold the emotional space for you and with you, without judgment and with compassion. Remember, you are not alone. You deserve to feel better, and we would be honored to work with you. If you see yourself in any of the above situations, call 619-865-3203 for more information or text 619-865-3203 to schedule an appointment, or feel free to book online.