Resources & Blog
Books/ Reading Recommendations
- “Parenting from the Inside Out” by Dan Siegel, M.D., and Mary Hartzell
- “No-Drama Discipline: The Whole Brain Way to Calm the Chaos and Nurture your Childs Developing Mind” by Dan Siegel and Tina Payne Bryson
- “Mom’s House, Dad’s House” by Isolina Ricci
- “BIFF: Quick Responses to High Conflict People, Their Personal Attacks, Hostile Email and Social Media Meltdowns” by Bill Eddy, LCSW, Esq.
- “The Adoptive & Foster Parent Guide: How to Heal Your Child’s Trauma and Loss” by Carol Lozier, LCSW
- “Getting Past Your Breakup: How to Turn a Devastating Loss into the Best Thing That Ever Happened to You” by Susan J. Elliott
- “Divorce for Grownups, a Comprehensive Guide to Divorce in California” by David Magnuson, Esq.
- “Radical Acceptance” by Tara Brach, Ph.D.
- Diana Winston, UCLA, Free Guided Meditations; http://marc.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=22
- Radical Acceptance: Guided Meditations by Tara Brach, Ph.D
- Kid’s Turn San Diego (858) 521-0027
- Cooperative Parenting Classes (760) 436-3039
Want to know the secret of a successful divorce? Hire a Divorce Coach
Most people probably do not think of divorce in terms of being a ‘success’ and may wonder, “Doesn’t divorce imply failure?” While your marriage may not have worked out, you have choices about how you divorce. While divorce can be extremely stressful, emotionally...
Top 10 Tips for Your Family Court Services Mediation session; Must Know Information before you go into Mediation.
Top 10 Tips for Your Family Court Services Mediation session; Must Know Information before you go into Mediation. So you have an appointment with Family Court Services for mediation. Relax and take a deep breath. We’re here to help you prepare…. Parents who cannot...
Reconnecting with Your Children; surviving the slings and arrows of emotions
Like living through a natural disaster, you survived the divorce and are left to pick up the pieces. And all the pieces are broken; your confidence, your finances and worst of all, your relationship with your children. Bad enough, they were put in the middle, used...
Stress Leads to Depression
Our feelings matter, and so does the level of stress we experience on a daily basis. Recent research out of The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, conducted by Professor Raz Yirmiya and his team, have identified microglia brain cells as being involved in the development...